West Glendale Baptist Church
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Building The Kingdom One Life At A Time
COME, WORSHIP WITH US!
6401 NORTH 67TH AVENUE
GLENDALE, AZ 85301
~~ From the Pastor ~~
The Christmas season is at hand. "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." (Luke 2:10) It is suppose to be a time of celebration of great joy, a time to celebrate the good news, and a time to celebrate the peace of God now available through Jesus Christ.
Unfortunately, not everyone will be celebrating. Some are still grieving over the recent death of a loved one, some are separated from their family for the first time, some are dealing with a job loss and poverty, and some are dealing with depression. So what are we to do?
First, if you are one that is hurting in some way don't keep it a secret. Tell a friend or church member. Encourage those around you through prayer and words. Ask others what they are doing for Christmas? Find out if there is some way you can help support your family of God. Above all, share. Long ago God shared His one and only Son with us so that we could be filled with hope, joyful, able to celebrate, and share His great love for us in Jesus Christ. Go tell the good news.
West Glendale Baptist Church
Sunday School @ 9:30 am Sunday Worship @ 10:45 am
Gospel Kids @ 6:30 pm
Youth Bible Study and Adult Bible Study @ 6:30 pm
Tuesday ~ Friday
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Membership Statement of West Glendale
I have received Jesus Christ as forgiver of my sin and leader of my life and demonstrated that publicly by baptism. I also agree with the Baptist Faith and Message and the structure, strategy, and statements of WGBC. I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to become a part of WGBC, in doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following:
1. I will attend worship unless ill or out of town. Hebrews 10:25
2. I will join and participate in a Bible study. Acts 2:42
3. I will grow spiritually through worship, prayer, Bible study, and fellowship. Acts 2:42-47, I Peter 2:2-3
4. I will serve the Lord faithfully in the church doing all things in love. 1 Corinthians 12:31b-13:13, Romans 12:9-21
5. I will support the church financially. Matthew 6:19-21
6. I will protect the unity of the church. 1 Corinthians 1:10-17, Ephesians 4:29-32, 2 Corinthians 12:20
7. I will support the leadership of the church. Ephesians 4:11-13
8. I will share my testimony about Jesus Christ with others. Matthew 28:18-20
9. I will pursue a holy lifestyle as outlined in scripture. 1 Peter 1:15-16
10. I will give God my very best. Romans 12:1-2
This is not about your commitment to the church, it is about your commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ. The list above will help you to covenant together with other believers to worship the Lord and live our lives the way God wants us to.